Monday 8 December 2008

Bibliography for book reaserch so far............

  • David Gauntlet- media gender and identity. This book was published in 2002

This will be relevant to my study as it shows me many different examples of women in modern society in comparison with women in the olden days. This links to my study very well due to me being able to see the major differences with Sex and the City girls how they are presented in modern day society and linking it to the women of the olden days.

  • Faludi's 1991 book backlash: The undeclared war against Against American Women. Argued that the 1980s saw a backlash against feminism especially due to the spread of negative stereotypes against career-minded women.

This book will help with my study because it will make me understand the stereotypes that have been labelled upon successful women due to them working and not staying at home. Sex and the City girls are the same they are independent and hardly man related therefore this is why this book will link to my study.

  • Laura Mulvey. Mulvey is best known for her essay, visual pleasure and narrative cinema written in 1973 and published in 1975 in the influential British film theory journal screen

The male gaze is quite a big part in my study. The male audience may watch Sex and the City girls to get pleasure from the girls in the movie. Their dress code and how they act attracts the male audience majorly and this is something i will be looking at through out my study.

  • Gunter Television and representation (1995)

  • Linda Williams (1984) Talks about the women's gaze in films.

Linda William's book will relate to my study because in Sex and the City we can see that now their is something called the women's gaze instead of the male gaze. This is when a women looks at a man in a sexual way. We only see this happening in modern day films such as sex and the city however not in olden day films.

  • The cinema book published in 1981

The cinema book is useful to me in many ways. It has many different views on gender today and in the past. It has many different views on many feminsits such as the liberal feminism.








No comments: